NBC Retracts Suspicious Claim About Paul Pelosi Attack

The media narrative surrounding last month’s attack on Paul Pelosi has sparked widespread confusion due to several inconsistencies and a number of unanswered questions.

Most recently, NBC News further muddled the details by retracting a portion of its report about the victim’s behavior when authorities arrived at the home he shares with his wife, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA).

According to the original broadcast, 82-year-old Paul Pelosi “did not immediately declare an emergency or try to leave his home but instead began walking several feet back into the foyer toward the assailant.”

This series of events would seemingly fly in the face of prevailing claims that Pelosi was engaged in a violent dispute with a crazed intruder, identified by police as 42-year-old David DePape.

A short time later, however, NBC decided to retract the claim altogether, asserting in an editor’s note that it had “been removed from publication because it did not meet NBC News reporting standards.”

It is worth noting that this was not the first report that NBC has retracted thus far in its coverage of the attack. Citing a San Francisco police officer, the network indicated that a third individual might have been in the home at the time of the assault that fractured Pelosi’s skull.

NBC reporter Tom Winter also referenced confusion that stemmed from a portion of the 911 call that suggested Pelosi identified DePape as a friend.

The often contradictory and unconfirmed reports surrounding this incident have led to a range of conspiracies and conjecture on both sides of the aisle. While many on the left and their mainstream media allies have denounced conservatives for pushing unfounded theories, prominent Democrats — including President Joe Biden — have repeatedly insisted that the assailant was likely motivated by right-wing rhetoric.

DePape, a Canadian national who reportedly overstayed his U.S. visa, is facing a range of state and federal charges related to the Pelosi attack. He pleaded not guilty to state charges in court on Tuesday and a judge signed a protective order stating that he cannot contact either the victim or the House speaker and may not set foot within 150 feet of their residence.

Previous articleMichael Moore Is Confident Dems Will Win Midterms Because Of Abortion
Next articleKari Lake’s Office Receives Suspicious White Powder, Threatening Messages